Project title: Internationalization of teaching and research – Brazil, USA, Norway
Project coordinator: Boban Vesin
Funding agency: HK-dir Norwegian Directorate for Higher Education and Skills
Project period: 1.1.2023.-31.12.2026.
Allocated amount: 3 395 775 NOK
Project number: UTF-2021/10186
Partners from academia:
- University of South-Eastern Norway – USN, Norway
- Recife Center for Advanced Studies and Systems – CESAR, Brazil
- Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco – UFRPE, Brazil
- University of Pittsburgh – Pitt, USA
Partners from Industry:
- AiBox lab, Recife, Brazil
- CESAR innovation center, Recife, Brazil
The aim of the project is to establish an international knowledge collaboration with Brazil, a country with a strong start-up and technology innovation sector, and strengthen the ongoing collaboration with the USA, a leader when it comes to quality and innovation in higher education, science and research. The project focuses on designing hybrid learning environments using artificial intelligence (AI) in education to secure the quality of future study programmes and towards a sustainable future in higher education.
The project has three main objectives:
- Establishing international scientific collaboration in research and education between universities of Norway, the USA, and Brazil, in artificial intelligence in e-learning, learning theory and pedagogy.
- Enhancing and securing quality in research and teaching by organizing student and staff mobility among the partners on all levels (BSc, MSc, PhD and administration).
- Design a proposal for hybrid courses based on the research findings using state-of-the-art learning tools provided by the partners.
The research results will help rethink teaching methods used in e-learning and will result in innovative and knowledge-based teaching approaches. By integrating technologies into classroom activities, the project will affect several courses in available curricula, improve the quality of the teaching in these courses and increase the effectiveness of the educational process.